A specialized national Canadian law firm with over 80 employees recognized that their use of technology was outdated and in need of renewal. Limited access to case data heightened their security risks and posed a variety of productivity challenges. Further, remote work was cumbersome due to poor Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity and slow performance. A solution was necessary to ensure the long-term success of the firm.
Through an IT assessment led by one of Nucleus’ Virtual Chief Information Officers (vCIO), a variety of technical issues were discovered. Information was stored on a traditional file server infrastructure but was unsearchable by context making access to historical data a timely process. Poor VPN connectivity and slow computers resulted in many of the firm’s Partners and staff storing data on local computers, weakening the firm’s security and heightening their risk of data loss.
Nucleus’ vCIO established parameters to source, evaluate and score SaaS platforms to unify data and create an effective workflow. Through a series of focus groups and a process of weighted scoring on features and benefits, a platform was selected that suited the needs of the growing law firm.
The law firm transitioned to the new platform and significantly improved their workflows and internal communications. The added benefits of full text contextual search and integration with Microsoft 365 provided staff with a solid foundation for case management and research. The firm decommissioned their traditional server environment and is operating entirely on the cloud.
Managed IT services for Law Firms
Applying over 20 years of experience working with law firms throughout Canada, we provide industry-specific IT solutions with a range of benefits:
- Accessibility – Improved access and collaboration to data anytime, regardless of location (work from anywhere).
- Security – Protect sensitive data, reduce cyber risk and safeguard your firm’s reputation.
- Support – Receive ongoing support from a service desk POD that specializes in the legal industry .
- Business continuity – Lawyers need to retain legal documents for a specified amount of time, depending on the province they operate in. Our Managed Backups offer retention that meets your needs and rapid recovery in the event of a data loss.
- Cost savings – Minimize downtime and increase productivity.
What our Law Firm Clients Have to Say
“Lightening fast.” – Genevieve R.
“Thank you so much for taking my urgent call right away and helping me.” – Betty G. “
The technician’s helpful, courteous manner really calmed me down! Thanks again for a great experience with your company!” Susan A.
Other Professional Industries we Support:
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC)
- Creative and PR Agencies
- Financial Advisors
- Insurance Agencies
- and more.
Does your law firm need an IT upgrade? Reach out to us!