So, why work for Nucleus Networks
Founded in Kitsilano, BC, in 2001, Nucleus is an award-winning Managed IT Services provider with more than a decade of experience providing IT project services, IT support services, and IT strategy services to businesses across Canada. We are one of BC’s top 5 Best Workplaces and a top 5 Finalist for BC’s Best Company, we pride ourselves on our culture, our unique approach to delivering rapid-response IT services, and our continued obsession with providing the best client experience possible!
We are a team of 62 experienced IT Professionals focused on providing all-inclusive or a la carte IT services for organizations with 5 to 500 employees. With offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto, 2 full-time resources in Victoria, we provide extended support services to 150+ organizations across multiple industries in Canada within both the public and private sectors.
For back to back years we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Best Workplaces. We’ve also been recognized as one of North America’s top Managed IT Services Providers as well as one of the top ten MSP’s in Canada. Members of our team have also been recognized for multiple years running in the MSP mentor Top 250 list which is a global list recognizing the top experts, entrepreneurs and executives.
Your middle name is trouble-shooter. You love problem solving and helping clients resolve their issues. You will be based out of our Vancouver, Calgary, or Toronto office, working in a collaborative team environment. This role will also have the opportunity for remote-work from home on a regular basis. You possess excellent communication skills and have a passion for exceptional client service. Your claim to fame is handling client incidents, putting out fires, and providing an exceptional client experience.
Overall Responsibilities, General Tasks and Duties:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Office suite, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Terminal Services
- Maintain client documentation
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Maintain a deep knowledge of technology products and services applicable to the client base, including hardware, software and Nucleus services (work in collaboration with SM)
- Participates in regular meetings with the support teams
- Identify client trends and escalate those as needed
What you bring to the table…
- Industry IT Certifications: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- ITIL knowledge/experience would be considered an asset working for an MSP company preferred or relevant work experience
- You have 2+ yrs experience minimum
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to diagnosis and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Mac proficiency preferred
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Team player!
- An award-winning culture and organization that focuses time and energy on YOU and fostering an awesome workplace
- Work remotely
- Monthly Staff Socials – we offer an outgoing culture that provides lots of opportunities to connect with your co-workers
- EPIC customer service – to our external clients and internally to our colleagues
- Competitive Salary & Benefits