Want to Join an Award Winning Team?
We’re hiring multiple IT Support Specialist positions in Vancouver and Toronto.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Years’ Experience: 4-years
Reports To: Support Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
Your middle name is trouble-shooter. You love problem solving and helping clients resolve their issues. You will be based out of our downtown Vancouver office or our beautiful Toronto office, working in a collaborative team environment. You possess excellent communication skills and have a passion for exceptional client service. Your claim to fame is handling client incidents, putting out fires, and providing an exceptional client experience.
Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Office suite, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Terminal Services
- Maintain client documentation
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication over the phone and in-person, active listening and client-care
- Ability to diagnose technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- ITIL knowledge/experience would be considered an asset
- French language skills would also be an asset