We’re looking for an IT Consultant to join the team in Vancouver!
If you’re interested in this position, please apply via the LinkedIn posting.
Job Title: IT Consultant
Years’ Experience: 3+ years
Reports To: Manager Project Services
Location: Vancouver, BC
This role is only open to those currently residing in Vancouver, BC.
If you are an experienced technical integrator and enjoy the technical side of migrations including mail migrations to Office 365, server migrations, office moves, or other projects we want to meet you!
The role is responsible for onboarding new clients, creating technology assessments, implementing new technology, and/or upgrading prospective and existing client information systems. Due to the nature of the work, some work will be scheduled after hours.
You are an experienced IT professional who has a Help Desk background combined with IT consulting and IT project implementation. This is a hybrid role where you will be required to make recommendations on new client infrastructures as well as also deploy new technology as required. You must be comfortable in a client-facing capacity and have excellent communication skills.
· Migrating organizations to the cloud on platforms such as Microsoft Office 365 or Azure
· IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and Operating Systems
· Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
· Support and deployment services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, etc.
· Support and deployment services for virtualization technologies: VMware, and Microsoft Hyper-V
· Support and deployment services for WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Pre-sales activities such as technical assessments or acting as a subject matter expert in terms of core Microsoft technologies
· Onboarding new clients which includes creating technical recommendations and documenting their existing setup
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Remote Desktop Services
· Remote monitoring and management administration; handling system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
· Communication with clients (remotely and in person): keeping them informed of project/incident progress, project status updates, and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
· Create client documentation to transfer knowledge
· Scheduling of support requests and communicating with clients
· Setup and rollout of servers, workstations, networking equipment
· Rollout of application installations, updates and server updates on a scheduled basis
· Working knowledge of Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, etc.
· Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, and Microsoft
· Basic networking support: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
· Remote access solution support: VPN, and Remote Desktop Services
· Improve client satisfaction, perception, and satisfaction
· Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
· Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
· Must currently reside in Vancouver, BC
· Industry IT Certifications: Working towards Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, or MCITP
· Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care
· Extremely quick learner
· Diagnosis and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
· Team player!
· Nice to have: French language skills; Experience with ITGlue